Managing Partner, ERM
As part of the accelerated growth of our business in the Western U.S. and alignment with our global strategy, ERM is appointing a Managing Partner for the new Mountain West Business Unit, to be based in Denver, CO.
ERM is recognized as the leading sustainability consulting firm in the global consulting market. We have 5,000 employees located in 160 offices in 40 countries. The global distribution of our offices, the strength and breadth of our people and leadership, and ERM’s reputation and brand are recognized as unique and provide a platform for continued profitable growth.
For over 40 years, ERM has been working with clients around the world, in diverse industry sectors to help them understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include oil & gas, mining, power, chemical, technology/ media/ telecommunications, as well as other high-profile Fortune 500 firms. These sectors face critical sustainability challenges – our clients rely on our ability to assist them to improve sustainability, which fosters a positive impact on our planet.
This is a Senior Partner opportunity. Our partnership model is a significant differentiator for ERM in that it presents an almost unique opportunity for leading consultants in a truly global firm to own and contribute to the direction and success of the company. Our partnership model offers unparalleled opportunities for leaders with ambition, vision and proven expertise, providing meaningful equity ownership with significant financial and intangible rewards.
North America Region
In the U.S. and Canada, ERM has nearly 2,000 professionals, 220 of whom are partners, operating from a network of 60 offices. These Partners generally sell the work, act as lead consultants and manage the teams that deliver project engagements for clients. With annual net revenues of $945 million, approximately half of the firm’s global revenues and profits are in North America.
Structurally, the North America business is organized into eight business units, each of which is led by a Managing Partner: Canada, MidAtlantic, Midwest, Mountain West, Northeast, Pacific West, South Atlantic, and Texas/Gulf. The Business Unit Managing Partners have overall operational responsibility for their respective geographical group of offices, and collaborate as key members of the North America Leadership Team to develop growth strategies and supporting the overall success of the region.
Mountain West Business Unit
The Mountain West Business Unit consists of 150 employees, including 20 partners, in 10 offices across 7 states. Current offices include:
- Alaska – Anchorage
- Colorado – Denver and Fort Collins
- Montana – Livingston and Bigfork
- New Mexico – Albuquerque
- Oregon – Portland
- Washington – Seattle and Bellingham
- Utah – Salt Lake City
Projecting $40 million net revenue for FY2017, the local team covers ERM’s full spectrum of consulting services. Our local client list is anchored by several key clients and large multinational clients in the mining, oil and petrochemical, power, and manufacturing, sectors.
Reporting to the North America Director of Operations, ERM is appointing a Managing Partner to lead the commercial operations to drive the growth and profitability of this critical Business Unit. The Managing Partner is the senior point of contact for executive leadership within ERM’s Mountain West region, responsible for leading regional human capital assets, operational effectiveness, and commercial initiatives for ERM in the Mountain West. Specifically, the Managing Partner will:
- Achieve the Business Unit financial budget, including sales, net revenue, and minimum 20% RON.
- Work closely with the North America Director of Operations to develop the strategy and implementation plan for expansion in the Business Unit, while championing ERM’s global strategy and strategic imperatives.
- Develop work with key clients in the region through close interaction with the Regional Commercial Director, Regional Client & Market Leaders (Power, TMT, Chemicals, Oil & Gas, Mining, and Emerging Clients), and Account Directors.
- Participate as part of the North America Leadership Team in developing growth strategies for the Region and supporting the overall financial success of the Business Unit and Region by working collaboratively with other Business Unit Managing Partners.
- Ensure delivery of exceptional client value to key clients in order to maximize regional growth and expansion efforts within key accounts.
- Recruit, mentor and coach key leaders.
- Manage the performance of the Partners and employees within the Business to meet Mountain West and Regional standards and expectations.
- Perform project reviews (coordinate with Partners) and determine and close the gaps where Partner-in-Charge (PIC) support is needed on existing projects.
- Coordinate with other Business Unit Managing Partners to manage resources on a regional basis to maximize utilization.
- Work closely with the marketing and commercial teams to increase the visibility and branding of ERM in Mountain West.
- Coach & Develop Others
- Champion Change
- Inspire and Empower
- Drive Growth and Execution
- Trusted Advisor (internally and externally)
- Think Strategically
- Work globally
- Influence others
- Foster teamwork across within and across BUs
- Client Focus
- Build Strategic Customer Relationships
- Coach others to maintain strong client relationships
Critical Success Factors
Within the first 12 months, the candidate will be considered successful as a result of having accomplished the following:
- Developed trust and a rapport with the North America Executive and Leadership Teams, the Mountain West Business Unit Partners and employees.
- Developed a vision for the Business Unit that is consistent with our global strategy and has tangible actions associated with implementation.
- Shown commitment to the values of ERM, including the incorporation of sustainability into everything we do, and the safety of our employees and contractors.
- Championed the development of our people to ensure we are creating enriching and enjoyable careers, which is key to staff retention and leverage.
- Delivered the budget/forecasts that have been agreed upon commencement.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven P&L leadership history of US$30M+ revenue in an EHS consulting services firm.
- 15 years of experience in the local environmental consulting market.
- Background of consistently achieving / exceeding annual revenue and profit targets via innovative and inspirational leadership combined with entrepreneurial flexibility.
- Built, guided, managed, mentored, motivated and rewarded teams while setting and delivering revenue / profit targets.
- Big-picture thinker and successful track record of building trusted relationships with target clients.
- Possesses teamwork, communications and management skills needed for success in a rapidly growing, matrixed and changing organization.
- Reputation for being highly ethical and working very collaboratively.
- Strong understanding of integrated solutions aligned with issues facing the Power, Technology, Oil & Gas, Mining, Chemical, and local industrial manufacturing sectors.
- Extensive experience scaling client accounts, building referenceable client relationships and delivering sustainability solutions.
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
Please click on the following link: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ERMGINC&cws=1&rid=10278
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter; all applicants will be treated confidentially. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.